Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Memphis In May Triathlon

Some Tri-friends and I will be competing in the Memphis In May Triathlon, May 18, 2008. There are at least eight people that I know of traveling to Memphis from Multisportmadness Triathlon club: www.multisportmadness.com. A quick update: My swim is stronger that ever, my bike is stronger than ever, however, my left foot is sore and I am fighting another bout of Plantar Fasciitis. I am doing the normal stretching and rolling the tennis ball, but I am still sore. I will still compete, but would appreciate any advice.

After the event I will also post some pics.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pacer:
Saw your picture in the fundraising letter - all this fitness stuff has been good for you. I've got to get both knees scoped before I try the distance running bit again.
The plantar bit must run in the family. Try this: every day after you shower, scrunch the towel up with your toes. Squeeze it like you are trying to pick it up.
Good luck in the triathalon. Where do they hold the swim?

russ morphis said...

Gene,

The race is at Edmund Orgil Park in Millington. The swim is in the lake, centered at the golf course...I know all of the chemicals...but I don't think I would survive swimming in the Mississippi river.