Monday, July 27, 2009

Spirit of Racine 1/2 Ironman





Pam, the girls and I travelled to Racine, WI for the annual Spirit of Racine 1/2 Ironman Triathlon. The race was on Sunday morning, July 19.  The weather was a nice 68 degrees with overcast clouds, water temperature in Lake Michigan was about 66 degrees, perfect day for a triathlon. About 30 MSM'ers competed in the event: www.multisportmadness.com, and most of the athletes in the group PR'd the course.  A 1/2 ironman consist of swimming 1.2 miles, followed by a 56 mile bike, followed by 13.1 mile run.  My time for the event was 5:47, which was better than my previous 1/2 by almost an hour.  I did have some issues with my right hamstring at about mile 8 of the run and had to walk for a couple of miles...oh well!

The girls stopped to have a picture made with a Pirate, and Pam has a picture made next to a neat tile mosaic.




No comments: